Tuesday, August 17, 2010

I feel so productive!

Even though today is only day 2 ( 2 great big whopping days!) of our "school year" I'm already amazed at how productive we feel. Granted I struggle to get up in the morning. which means we get started later than anticipated.. I'm thinking that I can actually plan to get up at a time that feels more comfortable (9 isn't bad.. for some reason 8 or 8:30 is hard for me... I know.. I'm a bum.. most of you probably get up at 5 or 6 am!)

Despite that, we have been able to (EASILY!) have breakfast, do chores, do a few hours of schoolwork, have a substantial family lunch, then do stuff in the afternoon. Today, we went to our local bike path with the kids scooters and had a "nature walk". We walked/ scooted for about 45 minutes, then the kids played at he playground and watched planes land at the airport for another 20 minutes.

Then we went to the Library where the kids each picked 3 books, two of which they will be filling out these cute book report forms on tomorrow or Thursday. I also picked up a couple of DVDs which in some way have to do with what we have been talking about during school. The first is a couple of episodes of "Reading Rainbow" that have to do with math concepts. The other is a Bill Nye the science guy video about Gravity, which fits right in with our reading today. Its actually geared towards 4th graders, but I figure when its free from the library it cant hurt and hopefully the kids will get something out of it. Any how, I think we will be going to one of the county libraries at least once a week.. some great stuff can be found there!

After that we went to the grocery store and got a few necessities plus stuff to make ice cream sundaes ( we did a critical thinking activity today where the primary subject matter was ice cream). We came home, put away groceries, made sundaes, and popped in "Reading Rainbow" ( which the kids loved!.... have to find more of those!)

Of course I am now left to do all my school work in the evenings which might explain the whole 9am thing.. but hey its only for 10 weeks!

Here are some pictures from our nature walk!

No comments:

Post a Comment